Search and Recovery Diver Specialty PADI Course
Brush up on your Navigation Skills with the PADI® Search and Discovery Diver Specialty Program!
2 days | 4 Open Water Dives
Let's explore the bottom of the ocean!
Are you ready to look for things lost from the surface?
We find many of those items small enough to put in our BCD pocket. But what do we do if they are too heavy for us to bring safely to the surface?
An what if we need to find something that has been lost somewhere in our dive site?
As search and recovery diver, you will have the ability and knowledge to find a lost objet and carry it safely back to the surface.
Let's earn your PADI® Search and Discovery Diver Specialty Certification!
During this Specialty Course, you will learn:
- To search and recovery dive planning, organization, procedures, techniques, and dealing with potential problems
- Swimming search patterns using natural navigation and a compass
- To locate small and large objects using various search patterns
- To use a lift bag for heavy or oversized objects, plus other recovery techniques
- To prepare a search operation based on facts about a lost object before diving
- Limited visibility search techniques
|Prerequisites||- Be a PADI (Junior) Advanced Open Water Diver or equivalent
- Be a PADI (Junior) Open Water with a PADI Underwater Navigator Specialty Diver certification
- Be able to swim, medically fit for diving (please complete the PADI Medical Form and bring to orientation) and comfortable in the water
|Total time commitment||2 days
|Minimum age||12 years old or older
Koh Tao Search and Recovery Diver Specialty Course package includes:
- 4 Search and Recovery Specialty training dives
- Free shuttle service Koh tao Pier - Resort
- Insurance coverage
- Rental dive equipment
- Use of Dive Computers during the course, Compass and Lift Bag
- PADI e-material
- PADI e-card on completion
- Complimentary refreshments, coffee, fruit and snacks on our diving boat
You only need three more dives to complete the specialty if you have finished the Search and Recovery Adventure dive during the PADI Advanced Open Water course. In that case, you can complete the course in 1 day. The price will be lower. Please contact us for more information.
Every PADI Specialty certification you earn counts towards the prestigious Master Scuba Diver rating.
Any concern? Don't worry, we are here to support you and answer all of your questions.
You have not dived for a while and feel that your knowledge and skills are rusty.
We suggest you start with a Refresher Course in our on-site pool.
This quick course will re-visit your dive theory/safety and will include essential dive skills circuit, diving hand signals, and equipment setup.
By the end of your refresher, you'll feel much more confident to enjoy your training dives.
Get in touch to arrange your refresher today!
IMPORTANT! -Flying after Diving
When planning your diving trip and your journey toward your destinations, always remember that you must not fly directly after scuba diving. It accentuates the risk of having decompression sickness.
The PADI guidelines are to NOT FLY during a 12 hours interval after a single dive and 18 hours after multiple dives. As often when it comes to scuba diving, take a conservative approach to safety, and whenever possible, avoid flying the next 24 hours after a dive.
If you intend to do multiple dives on different days during your trip, consider buying your own dive computer, as it will calculate the optimal time to fly based on your diving history.
Even more than other outdoor sports, diving is weather- and sea-dependent. Be aware that some sites might be inaccessible on certain days and that diving trips might be canceled due to dangerous conditions.
Luckily, Thailand has a fantastic climate almost all year round and this happens very rarely.