PADI® Master Scuba Diver Trainer Prep and Internship Program
2 - 6 weeks | Unlimited dives
Diversify your teaching and become more employable!
With the Master Scuba Diver Trainer (MSDT) rating, you open up your world with more job opportunities. Specialty courses make you more employable to dive centers and bring a fantastic variety to your position as an instructor allowing you to mix it up and teach specialty courses you are passionate about.
One day you teach Open Water students. The next day could be on a Nitrox, Wreck, or Deep Diver Specialty course.
The prerequisites for the Master Scuba Diver Trainer (MSDT) rating are five specialties. The Internship includes the certification of at least 25 students within any level of the PADI System.
During your Internship Training, in addition to taking an MSDT Preparation Course, you certify 25 students and finish off as a Master Scuba Diver Trainer!
Let's start your Master Scuba Diver Trainer Course!
||- Be a renewed and in-status PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor
- Be medically fir to dive and cleared for diving by a doctor in the last 12 months
|Total time commitment
||- Our PADI MSDT & Intership complete program is conducted over 2 - 6 weeks
- Our PADI MSDT Preparation is run over 4 - 5 days
||18 years old or older
Included in our Master Scuba Diver Trainer & Internship Program:
- 5 Instructor Specialty courses
- Team teaching that includes a minimum of 25 PADI certifications
- Real-life teaching experience
First Step: MSDT Preparation
During the 4 -5 days of MSDT preparation, you become an instructor in any five of the specialties listed below:
- Boat Diver Specialty Instructor course
- Digital Underwater Photographer Instructor course
- Deep Diver Specialty Instructor course
- Dive Against Debris Specialty Instructor course
- *Enriched Air Nitrox Specialty Instructor course
- Emergency Oxygen Provider Instructor course
- Fish ID Specialty Instructor course
- Night Diver Specialty Instructor course
- Search & Recovery Specialty Instructor course
- Underwater Naturalist Specialty Instructor course
- Underwater Navigator Specialty Instructor course
- Wreck Specialty Instructor course
- *Sidemount Specialty Instructor course
- *The Student Diver Level is required for these specialties above, and additional rates apply.
Second Step: Team Teaches
The courses and programs you will have an opportunity to team teach and gain PADI certifications:
- Discover Scuba Diving
- PADI Open Water course
- PADI Advanced Open Water course
- EFR First Aid & CPR course
- PADI Rescue Diver course
- PADI Divemaster course
- PADI Specialty diver courses (that you are certified to teach)
Why complete my MSDT Course with Coral Grand Divers?
We are one of Koh Tao, Thailand's most professional and sought-after Instructor Development Centers.
- 5 Star facilities (Beachfront Dive center, purpose-built scuba training pool, boats, AC classroom, free wifi…)
- Real-life teaching experience
- Unlimited diving during your course
Why should I do my MSDT Internship Program in Koh Tao?
Some of the world's most recognized PADI Dive centers are based in Koh Tao, which means training standards are extremely high. The island has produced some of the diving industry's most celebrated and awarded leaders.
Koh Tao is a world-class diving destination. Over 25 dive sites, Shipwrecks, whale sharks, fantastic fish, and corals are throughout our beautiful island. The dive sites in Koh Tao are prosperous, healthy, and vibrant. Training on this tropical island is the best place to have a balanced life between work and lifestyle.
And how about the climate? The weather is excellent all year round in Koh Tao, with some rain between November to December. We enjoy great diving all year round!
IMPORTANT! -Flying after Diving
When planning your diving trip and your journey toward your destinations, always remember that you must not fly directly after scuba diving. It accentuates the risk of having decompression sickness.
The PADI guidelines are to NOT FLY during a 12 hours interval after a single dive and 18 hours after multiple dives. As often when it comes to scuba diving, take a conservative approach to safety, and whenever possible, avoid flying the next 24 hours after a dive.
If you intend to do multiple dives on different days during your trip, consider buying your own dive computer, as it will calculate the optimal time to fly based on your diving history.
Even more than other outdoor sports, diving is weather- and sea-dependent. Be aware that some sites might be inaccessible on certain days and that diving trips might be canceled due to dangerous conditions.
Luckily, Thailand has a fantastic climate almost all year round and this happens very rarely.