Sail Rock, Dive Site on your To Do's List!
1 day | 3 Dives
Sail Rock, aka Hin Bai - the Beautiful Bay
If Sail Rock isn't on your list of dives to do while you are here, you need to think twice!
Sail Rock, aka Hin Bai, is one of our favorite dive sites, a vast underwater pinnacle with its tip sticking out of the water.
From 5m to 40m deep, this site offers a spectacular wall dive for all levels of divers. You can expect an explosion of marine life!
Sail Rock's exposed position makes it a focal point for all the marine life around – stopping to take a break or to visit a cleaning station!
You will see big, schooling fish and some of the most spectacular underwater scenery. We are also lucky enough to have the occasional Whale Shark visitation, but they are not guaranteed!
Sail rock is home to the famous "chimney," a vertical swim-through where you can enter at 18m and exit at 12m or 6m into the sunlight and beautiful pink anemones.
One of the best dive sites in the World to put on your bucket list!
||Suitable for all levels
||whaleshark, colorful cup corals, giant black coral, pelagic fish including chevron barracuda, big schools of mackerel, jacks, trevally, tuna, Bat Fish, Queen Fish, etc.
||max. depth 40 meters
||1h25 to 1h45 (depending on weather)
Full Day Trip includes
- Soft drinks and water
- 3 dives
- Insurance coverage
- Diving Equipment
- Divemasters / Dive Instructors
- Fishtastic vibes
- An explosion of marine life!
- Our dive boat leaves Coral Grand Divers at 6:30 am
- It takes about 1 hr and 45 mins to reach Sail Rock from Koh Tao; on the way, we chill out, sunbathe, enjoy the journey and get Ready for the Fishtastic Show!
- 2 dives at Sail rock with a lunch break in between
- 3 rd dive location is chosen during the day, depending on Sea and weather conditions
- Return time around 4 pm
You're a Nitrox certified diver and want to fun dive with Nitrox Tanks? It's possible! Check out the gas options!
Requirement: you must be a Nitrox certified diver.
Not a Nitrox certified diver yet? Sake your Enriched Air Nitrox Course now!
Your comfort, enjoyment, and safety: our priorities
We want you to enjoy the kind of Scuba Diving experience we want on vacation.
- We strive to keep the group numbers as small as possible so that you receive a more personal experience.
- Every fun dive is led by one of our highly experienced dive instructors and divemasters, ensuring you have a relaxing and great long dive. We want you to experience the most exciting dive sites in Koh Tao fully.
- Our two boats, Bangson and Royal Scuba, are proper dive boats; lots of room with downstairs dive decks and large shaded socializing areas with tables and benches with tea, coffee and snack areas. Also, a top deck dedicated to sun lovers.
Coral Grand Divers is fully insured. Whether you book a course or do fun diving, you automatically become insured through us.
Any concern? Don't worry, we are here to support you and answer all of your questions.
You have not dived for a while and feel that your knowledge and skills are rusty.
We suggest you start with a Refresher Course in our on-site pool and spend more time having fun when diving.
This quick course will re-visit your dive theory/safety and will include essential dive skills circuit, diving hand signals, and equipment setup.
By the end of your refresher, you'll feel much more confident to enjoy your training dives.
Get in touch to arrange your refresher today!
IMPORTANT! -Flying after Diving
When planning your diving trip and your journey toward your destinations, always remember that you must not fly directly after scuba diving. It accentuates the risk of having decompression sickness.
The PADI guidelines are to NOT FLY during a 12 hours interval after a single dive and 18 hours after multiple dives. As often when it comes to scuba diving, take a conservative approach to safety, and whenever possible, avoid flying the next 24 hours after a dive.
If you intend to do multiple dives on different days during your trip, consider buying your own dive computer, as it will calculate the optimal time to fly based on your diving history.
Even more than other outdoor sports, diving is weather- and sea-dependent. Be aware that some sites might be inaccessible on certain days and that diving trips might be canceled due to dangerous conditions.
Luckily, Thailand has a fantastic climate almost all year round and this happens very rarely.