White Rock– One of the top picks!
- Travel time : 10 minutes
- Location: 2km off West coast of Koh Tao
- Depth: Max 21m, Min 2m – Average 12-14 meters
- Classification: Granite rock pinnacles and boulders with coral garden
- Level of Diving: Suitable for all levels
- Conditions: Calm waters. Mild to no current
- Average Visibility: 05-30 meters
Situated off Koh Tao's west coast, White Rock is a quick boat ride away and ranks high among the island's favorite dive spots. It boasts two large rock formations located on a North to South axis with a stunning coral garden in between, and a sandy patch at a depth of 9 meters. Moreover, White Rock is a sought-after destination for night dives!
A bustling hub of marine life
White Rock is a bustling hub of marine life, teeming with Koh Tao's most common underwater residents. Due to its size, you could dive White Rock for a week and still not see it all! And there's a colorful cast of characters down below, from chilled-out turtles munching on soft corals to the ever-infamous Titan Triggerfish asserting their territory, this site delivers a dynamic and lively underwater show!
As you explore, you'll encounter blue-spotted stingrays tucked under ledges, while White Eyed Moray Eels snugly occupy small rock crevices, sometimes curiously peeking out at you!
Further on, a bustling school of Yellow Tail Barracuda comes into view. There, you'll encounter Pufferfish, Angelfish, alongside Bannerfish, Beaked Coralfish, and Butterflyfish.
Adding to the excitement, Great Barracuda and Trevally cause schools of fish to dart for cover amid the vibrant hard corals. Meanwhile, sneaky Banded Sea Kraits silently weave through the corals, hunting for their prey.
And did we mention, White Rock has provided numerous opportunities for divers to encounter the magnificent Whale Shark?
White Rock's closeness to Koh Tao makes it a favored spot for night diving. When conditions are optimal, a night dive here is truly awesome! Once the sun sets, the barracudas come out to hunt for their dinner, and you'll also encounter shrimps, squids, octopus, and a variety of other fascinating nocturnal marine life.
TO SUM IT-UP!
White Rock's diverse depth and seabed composition make it a great dive site for divers of all levels. Due to the size of the dive site, there's so much to explore that you may want to do multiple dives to get the full experience!
- If you're eager to fully explore White Rock and haven't yet unlocked that Advanced level yet – it's the perfect excuse to level up your diving skills with our PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course.
- That's not all! For those who crave a deeper understanding of the local ecosystem and want to take a closer look on their next scuba diving adventure, our PADI Underwater Naturalist Specialty course is a fantastic choice.
- But wait, there's more! For those who crave the thrill of exploring the depths in the dark, our PADI Night Diver certification is an absolute must !