One of the most popular dive sites
- Travel time: 15 minutes
- Location: West coast of Koh Nang Yuan
- Depth: Max 20m, Min 5m – Average 10m
- Type of site: Granite rock and boulders
- Level: All diver levels
- Conditions: Flat almost all year
- Average Visibility: 5-30 meters
Surprisingly, Twins should actually be called "Triplets" because it consists of three pinnacles. There are two large collections of boulders covered in corals and a smaller, deeper group of rocks a bit farther west!
Twins is hands down one of the most popular dive sites on Koh Tao, ideal for both recreational divers and those looking for the perfect PADI training site! Another reason why this dive site is such a hit is its strategic location, ensuring scuba divers can enjoy their dives even in monsoon weather. It's a top-notch spot for diving, and the marine life here is thriving.
The shallower pinnacle boasts Christmas tree worms, adding their colorful touch. You'll see Longface Emperor fish, Pipefish, and Yellow Boxfish tucked into the rocky crevices. Look under the ledges, and you'll spot the Blue Spotted rays, while in the shadows, curious Snappers make their appearance.
Now, the middle pinnacle is where the action's at, including an archway ! It's like a bustling neighborhood here with various reef fish and a bunch of different Wrasse, Groupers, Parrotfish, Bannerfish, Trevally swimming in small groups, Pufferfish and porcupine fishes !
And just north, there's Buoyancy World, artificial structures that attract all sorts of fish and coral growth, along with buoyancy structures that help new divers hone their skills.
Keep venturing , and you'll hit the final pinnacle. This spot is a haven for all you macro lovers out there! Seahorses, Cowfish, Nudibranch, Wart Slugs, Janns Pipefish, Mantis, Durban Dancing. And don't miss the tiny Indian Walkmans hiding in the sand. Keep those eyes peeled for these masters of camouflage!
And if you're lucky, you might just catch a glimpse of a majestic Hawksbill or Green turtle gliding by. But be on the lookout for the Titan Triggerfish—they can get a tad territorial, so it's best to give them their space
TO SUM IT-UP!
Twins is a fantastic dive site suitable for divers of all levels, including beginners. This spot never fails to surprise us!
- Here's the deal – it's ideal for both recreational divers and those looking for the perfect PADI training site.
- If you're eager to explore Twins and you're not a certified diver yet, it's the perfect opportunity to dive into the world of scuba with our PADI Open Water Diver courses. You can dive Twins at a maximum depth of 18 meters.
- For those who hunger for a deeper understanding of the local ecosystem and want to get up close and personal on their next scuba diving adventure, our PADI Underwater Naturalist Specialty course is a perfect choice.
- But wait, there's more! If you want to learn the art of capturing underwater shots or supercharging your photography skills, look no further than our PADI Digital Underwater Photographer Specialty course. It's the ultimate go-to!
- And for those of you looking to become Buoyancy Jedis, there's no better place to take your Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty course!