Fantastic Spot for both Diving and Snorkeling.
- Travel Time: 15 minutes
- Location: North of Koh Tao
- Depth: 1m – 16 meters
- Type of site: Coral Gardens and boulders.
- Level: All diver levels
- Conditions: Generally good
- Average Visibility: 05 -30m
Mango Bay boasts vibrant reefs along its coastlines.
- Explore the east or west side, both teeming with marine life. Experienced divers can be dropped off on the West side and swim and swim along the coastline into the bay.
What to expect?
The East side of the bay offers a large and vibrant coral garden adorned with Staghorn and Mushroom corals, barrel sponges and table corals. This thriving ecosystem serves as a home to a diverse range of reef life, including several species of Wrasse, such as the Red Breasted Wrasse and Damsel such as Allen's Blue Damselfish. You will see Longfin bannerfish, Parrotfish, Blue Spotted stingray, and White-Eyed Moray Eels.
Exploring further on and you will find Juvenile Harlequin Sweetlips, large schools of Yellow Tail Barracuda, several species of Groupers, Giant Clams and eagle rays if you are lucky.
The west side of Mango Bay is characterized by large boulders. Here, you can expect to witness large schools of Scad, smaller critters like nudibranchs and shrimps and you might even have the chance to spot Jenkins Whiprays and turtles.
Diving across the sandy seafloor that lies between the two sides of the bay can yield various discoveries, including Goat fish, Gobies, Peacock Soles, Mullets, Giant Hermit Crabs, Spanish dancer or Persian Carpet flatworms.
If you are ready to search the sand, you might even find a Seahorse, a Crocodile Snake Eel or even a Sea Moth!
TO SUM IT-UP!
Mango Bay is a fantastic spot for both diving and snorkeling, suitable for divers of all levels, including beginners. It's a spot that never disappoints!
- Here's the deal – it's ideal for both recreational divers and those looking for the perfect PADI training site.
- If you're itching to explore Mango Bay but lack the time for a full PADI certification, our one-day Discover Scuba Diving program is tailored just for enthusiastic beginners like you.
- For those ready to take the plunge into becoming certified divers, our PADI Open Water Diver courses offer an ideal opportunity to discover Mango Bay's underwater world.
- If you're yearning for a deeper understanding of the local marine ecosystem and a chance to get up close and personal on your next scuba diving adventure, our PADI Underwater Naturalist Specialty course is the perfect pick.
- But wait, there's more! If you're eager to master the art of capturing underwater moments or supercharge your photography skills, our PADI Digital Underwater Photographer Specialty course is your ultimate go-to.