Green Rock - Great For Advanced Divers!
- Travel Time: 20 minutes
- Location: North west side of Koh Nang Yuan
- Depth: 5m-28m. Average 20m
- Type of site: large boulders, large rock formations and cave-like swim-throughs
- Level: Better suited for Advanced divers
- Conditions: Mid to Strong Current and ranging visibility due to its exposed location
- Average Visibility: 2-20 meters
On its best days, Green Rock stands out as one of Koh Tao's top dive sites!
The top of Green Rock is a mere 2 meters deep, and it's a common sight to witness large schools of Yellowtail Barracuda.
Once you descend, you will see lots of large rock formations and boulders covered in a variety of marine life.
But the real thrill begins when you explore the intricate network of cave-like swim-throughs that make this dive site truly captivating! This is where the adventure gets truly exciting.
Among the crevices, you'll spot Nudibranchs, Dancing Durban Shrimp inside the caves, and awesome creatures like Ghost Shrimp, Banded & Janss Pipefish.
Head north of the main rock formation, and you'll encounter the renowned 'trigger pits,' nesting grounds for Titan and Yellow Margin Triggerfish. But beware, especially during the breeding season (April-June), as these fish can be quite territorial!
For a leisurely, extended dive, head to the northwestern coastline of Koh Nang Yuan. Here, you'll see Angelfish, Butterflyfish, Longfin banner fish, and the Harlequin Sweetlips, White eyed moray eels, and more.
Green Rock is also a favorite haunt for regular visitors, including Hawksbill and Green Sea Turtles, and the occasional appearance of Banded Sea Kraits. We're even lucky enough to witness the majestic Whalesharks passing by!
TO SUM IT-UP!
On its best days, Green Rock stands out as one of Koh Tao's top dive sites. However, it's better suited for Advanced divers!
- If you haven't hit that Advanced level yet – it's the perfect excuse to level up your diving skills with our PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course.
- For those those of you curious about these thrilling swim-throughs, join us to become Buoyancy Jedis with our Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty course before you explore them!
- And if you're eager to explore this dive site to the fullest, you might want to consider becoming an Enriched Air Nitrox Diver!