Embark on the Dive Against Debris Course and Dive Wiser!
1 day | 1 Open Water Dive
*Add second dive for 500 baht
At Coral Grand Divers, our commitment to the oceans goes beyond just teaching diving; it extends to actively preserving and nurturing the beauty beneath the waves. In line with this ethos, we are happy to introduce the PADI Dive Against Debris Specialty—a diving experience that perfectly aligns with our core values.
Become a Debris Activist and Protect Our Oceans!
Central to the Dive Against Debris mission is the dedication to comprehend and counteract the impact of debris on our invaluable marine ecosystems. As passionate divers, we see it as our responsibility to confront the unprecedented threats posed by human garbage to our oceans. Marine debris is not just dirty and unsightly; it poses a threat to sea life and human health. Make a meaningful impact by learning how to assist through the Dive Against Debris specialty course.
What You Learn
You and your instructor will collaborate to organize and carry out a training dive. The primary objective is to identify and remove marine litter and waste items.
Initiating the dive requires exercising sound judgment to determine which objects warrant removal from the water, with a particular emphasis on addressing plastic pollution.
Upon completing the dive, you will engage in a comprehensive survey, recording and reporting the gathered data.
The training encompasses various aspects:
• Embracing the role of a citizen scientist to contribute to the marine conservation efforts.
• Conducting an underwater survey to assess the environmental conditions.
• Acquiring knowledge on making a positive impact for the protection and preservation of oceans.
• Developing skills to discern which objects should be extracted from the ocean, along with the responsibilities of weighing, sorting, recording, and appropriately disposing of all waste items.
• Contributing to the cleanliness of dive sites by removing ocean plastic and detritus.
• Collaborating with a team of environmental divers and actively participating in the PADI AWARE Foundation global database for a collective impact on marine conservation.
PADI eLearning makes it easier! Complete the independent study part of your course whenever, wherever it’s convenient for you prior to arrival. eLearning time commitment: 2-4 hours.
11.00: Orientation & Knowledge Development
12.30 – 16.00: Dive Against Debris dive(s)
After the dive(s), you’ll conduct a survey by recording and reporting your Dive Against Debris data and you will be a certified PADI Dive Against Debris Diver!
PADI (Junior) Open Water Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another training organization)
Medically fit for diving (please read the PADI Medical Form to check that there are no issues. If you answer 'NO' to all the questions then you are OK to start your diving course and there is no need for you to have a medical check.
If you answer 'YES' to any questions, please let us know. In that case, there are some additional questions on page 2 and a medical check-up may be required before starting your course.
|Total time commitment
1 day, 1 or 2 dives.
10 years old or older
The Dive Against Debris specialty course includes:
• PADI Dive Against Debris diver eLearning
• 1-2 Dive Against Debris dives*
• PADI Dive Against Debris Diver Certification e-card
• Rental of all scuba equipment
• FREE use of Dive Computer
• Maximum 4 students per PADI Instructor
• Insurance coverage
• Complimentary refreshments, coffee, tea, fruit and cookies on our diving boat