Divemaster PADI Course
First step in becoming a PADI Professional: Become a PADI® DiveMaster!
1 Month | Unlimited dives
Become a true PADI® Professional and live the Dream!
Are you ready to take your first step into professional diving?
If you feel like becoming a leader, mentor, and respected PADI Professional, you are in the right direction.
Becoming a Divemaster is like having an International passport to work as a Dive Guide worldwide. You will have the opportunity to earn a living doing something you love that others only dream about: leading new and experienced divers and sharing your passion with others.
Challenge yourself, and take what may be your life-changing step!
At Coral Grand Divers, we are focused on more than just meeting the basic PADI requirements of the Divemaster course. You will have a dedicated Diving mentor and work closely with multiple experienced dive instructors for each specific topic with true professionals in their fields.
You will expand your dive knowledge and skills to a professional level. So that if you decide to continue and become a PADI Dive Instructor with us, you will already have all the skills to get your Instructor Development Course off to a flying start.
We allow you to get as much hands-on experience as possible during your PADI Divemaster course in Koh Tao. You will work with confirmed divers and students within real-life experience situations and different teaching styles.
As we dive on a wide range of dive sites around the island, you will get to explore the best dive sites Koh Tao offers. Not just the ones close by. This way, you will gain experience with different types of dive conditions and can develop your diving skills.
You are never a number at Coral Grand Divers. You will always get the personal attention you need to develop your dive skills.
Let's start your DiveMaster Course!
This on-the-job training is designed to help you become an excellent, extremely confident, competent diver, a dive educator, a role model to others, and an eco-conscious PADI Divemaster.
- Turn your passion for diving into a career
- Become the life and soul of the dive center
- Guide divers on incredible adventures
- Assist PADI Instructors with students
- Protect the ocean and encourage your divers to do the same
Duration: the PADI Divemaster course can take from 14 days to 8 weeks to complete. On average, most candidates will complete the course in about 4 weeks.
What can a PADI® Divemaster do?
- Supervise diving activities
- Conduct dive briefings
- Supervise divers training
- Complete scuba reviews, such as PADI ReActivate
- Teach the PADI Skin Diver course
- Assist in Discover Scuba Diving programs and lead additional dives
- Lead Discover Snorkeling and Discover Local Diving programs
Moreover, you can call yourself a professional scuba diver!
The start of your new career!
|Prerequisites||- Certified as a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver and PADI Rescue Diver (or equivalent)
- Medically evaluated and cleared for diving by a physician within the last twelve months
- Completed Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care training within 24 months
- Have a minimum of 40-logged dives (if you do not currently have 40 logged dives, we offer any additional dives at no extra cost)
|Total time commitment||From 2 to 8 weeks - average of 4 weeks|
|Minimum age||18 years old or older
At Coral Grand Divers, we can design a tailor-made program to take you from your current recreational diving level to the start of a professional career. We share our experience and teach you diving skills, dive theory, dive equipment, and more.
Our PADI Divemaster Course & PADI Internships are conducted in a relaxed and social manner. It is the perfect opportunity for people who want to take their diving skills and experience to the next level. The course is also great for backpackers and gap year travelers who wish to achieve their Divemaster certification as a stop-off in Koh Tao during their travels.
During your DiveMaster course, you'll learn to:
The PADI Divemaster course teaches you to become a confident diver and leader. Through the development of various water skills, exercises, workshops, and hands-on practical assessments, you will develop the necessary skills.
By taking part in the Divemaster course, you will learn a whole range of skills, including:
- Awareness of the dive environment
- Mapping an open water diving site
- Conducting programs and specialized skills
- Supervising dive activities and assisting student divers
- The role and characteristics of the PADI DiveMaster
- Dive setup and management
- Organising a search and recovery project as well as a deep dive
These are just some of the skills you will learn on the DiveMaster course. Get in touch with the Coral Grand Divers team for the full details.
To be certified, you also need the following:
- Have a minimum of 60-logged dives, including diving experience in deep diving, night diving, and underwater navigation.
- Complete a recognized Primary & Secondary Care First Aid and CPR course within the past 24 months.
What's involved in Koh Tao DiveMaster Course?
- Complete the the Divemaster eLearning, which includes a digital manual, videos, and knowledge reviews
- Attend four lectures (Course Orientation, Dive Theory, Assisting with Students, and Supervising Certified Divers)
- Design an emergency assistance plan
- Create an underwater map
- Demonstrate 24 skills from the Open Water Diver Course
- Perform a demonstration of your rescue skills
- Pass a water skills and stamina test
- Pass five practical skills ranging from Dive Site management to Deep Dive Scenarios
- Pass five program workshops to help develop your knowledge and skills during a role-play environment
- Pass four practical assessments while helping with real students during sessions from PADI courses
- Pass two theory exams
Swim and Water Skills:
- 400m freestyle swim
- 800m swim with mask, snorkel & fins
- 15 minutes float
- 100m diver tow
- Equipment Exchange
Why complete your Divemaster course with us?
- We are a PADI 5-star IDC multi-award winning dive center. We have been teaching Divemaster for over 20 years
- Lots of real-life experience
- We have a dedicated team of professional, fun, and enthusiastic instructors
- As an IDC center, you can choose to complete your PADI Instructor course with us afterward
- Unlimited diving during your course
- 5 Star facilities (Beachfront Dive center, purpose-built scuba training pool, boats, AC classroom, free wi-fi…)
Why should I take the Divemaster course in Koh Tao?
Koh Tao is a world-class diving destination. Over 25 dive sites, Shipwrecks, whale sharks, fantastic fish, and corals are throughout our beautiful island. The dive sites in Koh Tao are rich, healthy, and vibrant. Training on this tropical island is the best place to balance life between lifestyle and work.
And how about the climate? The weather is excellent all year round in Koh Tao, with some rain between November to December. We enjoy great diving all year round!
After becoming certified as a PADI Divemaster, you will be authorized to:
- Lead dive trips and tours
- Act as a certified instructional assistant to PADI Instructors
- Teach skills in the pool under the direct supervision of an Instructor
- Conduct the PADI ReActivate program for certified divers
- Teach and certify PADI Skin Divers
- Teach Snorkeling skills
- Generally supervise both training and no training-related diving activities by planning, organizing, and directing dives
- Enroll in the PADI Diving Instructor level training
IMPORTANT! -Flying after Diving
When planning your diving trip and your journey toward your destinations, always remember that you must not fly directly after scuba diving. It accentuates the risk of having decompression sickness.
The PADI guidelines are to NOT FLY during a 12 hours interval after a single dive and 18 hours after multiple dives. As often when it comes to scuba diving, take a conservative approach to safety, and whenever possible, avoid flying the next 24 hours after a dive.
If you intend to do multiple dives on different days during your trip, consider buying your own dive computer, as it will calculate the optimal time to fly based on your diving history.
Even more than other outdoor sports, diving is weather- and sea-dependent. Be aware that some sites might be inaccessible on certain days and that diving trips might be canceled due to dangerous conditions.
Luckily, Thailand has a fantastic climate almost all year round and this happens very rarely.